What is A Brush With Kindness?
In order to have a greater impact on Champaign County, Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County is launching A Brush with Kindness (ABWK). A Brush with Kindness is an exterior home preservation service that offers painting, landscaping, and minor exterior repair services for homeowners in need. ABWK helps homeowners who need assistance to maintain the exterior of their homes, and reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
“It helps Habitat build communities, not just houses.”
Minor exterior repairs
Volunteers will perform the majority of the work. Volunteers come from businesses, congregations, community groups, and neighbors. Volunteer teams will be matched with homeowners based on several factors including size of project and experience and size of volunteer team. Projects usually take 1-4 days to complete.
To qualify for the program, applications must:
- Live in an owner-occupied home (renters are not eligible)
- Be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity
- Be in need of exterior improvements to their home including painting, minor exterior repairs, landscaping and exterior clean up
- Have an ability to pay for the project materials through a zero interest loan
- Have homeowners insurance
Call Family Services director at 217-819-5112 for more information. To apply for ABWK, download an application by ABWK Application. Then, mail or deliver the completed application to:
Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
119 E University Ave
Champaign, IL 61820