A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Our Mission statement
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Our Core Values
- Balance: We reconcile family, life, and work
- Integrity: We do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Respect: We treat each other with compassion and kindness.
- Teamwork: We are one organization, one team. We value, respect, support, and encourage each other.
- Trust: We have each other’s best interest at heart and help each other accomplish the mission.
About Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
What We Do:
- Build and sell decent, quality, affordable houses to families at a zero percent interest rate.
- Select families based on their level of need, willingness to partner with Habitat, acceptance of responsibilities, and ability to repay the mortgage.
- Provide educational programs for financial management and maintenance to our homeowners.
- Use our ReStore revenues to cover virtually all the administrative costs of the affiliate allowing other donations to go directly to home building.
- Make used household goods, appliances, electronics, and home improvement items available to the community at convenient prices.
- Enjoy exemplary relationships with volunteers and donors from a broad range of groups: religious, social, business and local government.
What We Believe
- Working hand in hand with Habitat homebuyers & community members produces a sense of empowerment and accomplishment, which provides an environment for positive life changes.
- We provide a hand up, not a hand out.
- Giving to others meets our own human needs as well as those we serve.
- Our most important resources are our volunteers, donors, and homeowners.
How We Build:
- VOLUNTEERS provide the labor on build sites and assist in the ReStore.
- The ReStore: Our goal is to cover all our administrative costs so that all other donations go directly to building homes.
- “Gifts in Kind” —
- Donations of land, materials, and discounts on materials provide many of our supplies.
- Donations of time by professionals and tradesmen such as: architects, electricians, and roofers provide expert, certified and warranted services.
- Financial gifts that provide the funds to purchase land, materials and services.
What we Build:
- Single Family homes.
- Three or four bedrooms, 1 & 1/2 or 2 bathrooms.
- 1,100 to 1,300 square feet with small front porch.
- Wood frame construction with crawlspace and vinyl siding.
- Stove, refrigerator and blinds provided.
Who We Serve:
- We strive to provide the life-changing opportunity to own a home to families who are working hard towards home ownership.
- Families whose income doesn’t give room for a conventional down payment and an interest-bearing mortgage.
- We consider families without regard to race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, age, physical ability, religion, marital, or family status.
- To become a Habitat Homeowner, candidates go through an extensive selection process and must meet the following requirements:
- Housing Need
- Ability to Pay
- Willingness to Partner