Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County (HfHCC), an organization guided by Christian principles, seeks to build simple, decent, affordable housing for those unable to purchase a home through conventional means, while empowering families to help themselves; build up a sense of community among people of diverse ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, and economic levels; and eliminate poverty housing in Champaign County.
We are located in Champaign, IL and build throughout Champaign County. We have been operating since 1991 and have completed homes for more than 100 families. The ReStore has been open since 2003 and offers gently used furniture, household goods, electronics, appliances, and building materials. The ReStore also prevents more than 200 tons of materials from being added to a landfill each year.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible and accountable to the Board of Directors for the effective and efficient financial, operational, and administrative management of HfHCC. The Director provides overall leadership for the affiliate in accordance with the policies, objectives, and directions of the affiliate Board of Directors to promote the overall vision, direction, health, and growth of the affiliate. The ED supervises a diverse staff of 20 (five direct reports), with accountability to over 2,000 volunteers and 8,000 donors, and an organizational budget of approximately $2.5 million.
- Designs, recommends, and implements financial, operational, and administrative programs.
- Performs screening, hiring, and termination of staff.
- Provides direction, training, guidance and supervision for management staff, Board, and committee volunteers.
- Administers daily office operations.
- Insures that affiliate policies are carried out as directed.
- Supports the activities of executive, financial, and resource development committees.
- Administers fiscal control, accountability, budget reporting; and approves operational and building expenditures.
- Provides execution of all grant and contract performance requirements.
- Assists Board Chair in setting the agenda for Board meetings, attends Board meetings, and provides reports of all affiliate activities to the Board.
- Works closely with the Development Director to oversee all fund development and donor retention and recognition.
- Works closely with the ReStore Manager to oversee all store activities, including staffing, marketing, procurement of donated items, and financial activities.
- Works closely with the Build Program staff to execute the construction and sale of a home including volunteer retention.
Leadership for Resource Development and Public Relations
Supporting the Resource Development Director in
- Seeking out and applying for grants for affiliate to augment the dollars provided for overhead costs and building homes.
- Exploring funding sources within the community for continued operation.
- Representing the affiliate to all interested communities.
- Providing a positive visibility of the HfHCC affiliate in the communities served.
Recruitment and Training
- Assist in recruiting members of the community to serve on the HfHCC Board of Directors and established committees.
- Assist in providing new Board Member orientation.
- Arrange training opportunities for Board and committee members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of experience in financial and administrative management, including budgeting, accounting, and personnel procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and strong organizational skills.
- Strong servant leadership skills, comfort with working in diverse faith-based organizations, and ability to speak to Habitat’s Christian roots.
- Ability to establish, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, the public, and community service agencies.
- A working knowledge of standard business software.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Full-time exempt position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
HfHCC is an equal opportunity employer.