What is Women Build Homes?
Women Build is Habitat for Humanity’s volunteer program for women who want to learn construction skills and make a difference by building homes and communities. Women Build projects are carried out by Habitat affiliates across the United States, and by Habitat organizations around the world. Women at these builds have furthered Habitat’s home-building mission by helping to construct more than 1,500 houses.
The mission of HFHI’s Women Build program is to enable U.S. and international affiliates to recruit, educate, and nurture women to build — and advocate for — simple, decent, and affordable houses in their communities.
In achieving this, Women Build brings together women from all walks of life to address the housing crisis facing millions of women and children worldwide. Donate today to support Women Build and help the fight against poverty housing.
Want to get involved?
Women Build Homes committee meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm at the Habitat offices (119 E University, Champaign). Come check a meeting out! Contact Kelly Hill for more information or call 217-819-5115.
Check out pictures from our most recent Women Build Homes events!
- National Women Build Week 2015
- Lowe’s Clinic 2015
- Bags tournament 2014
- National Women Build Week 2011
- Heels & Ties at 5 and Building Together Clinic Event at Lowe’s 2011
- Women Build Homes 2010 Build with the Brown Family and the Habitat Fund for Humanity
- National Women Build Week 2010
- Lowe’s Clinics 2010
- Women Build Homes 2009 Build with the Young Family and Carle Clinic
- Women Build Homes 2008 with the Corona Family – 50th Home!