Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County
- Jonné Brown
- Jonné Brown is a retired University of Illinois administrator in the College of Engineering. Jonné has volunteered at Habitat for Humanity of Champaign on the Family Selection Committee for several years. She is strongly committed to Habitat’s mission of putting actions behind our collective faith in God through the building of residential homes for families needing the security and hope of owning their own home.
- Mary Conner
- Mary Conner previously worked in social services at the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Department of Human Services (DHS), and has been a licensed child care provider. She is currently retired. Mary has volunteered on various committees at The Church of The Living God. She co-facilitates a grief support group called “GriefShare” to help families cope with the loss of a loved one. Mary’s desire for helping families drives her passion of commitment to Habitat as a Board Member, and as part of the Family Selection Committee.
- Nick Crompton
- Nick Crompton is the Executive Director of Facility Planning and Construction at Carle. His team manages all of the construction projects for Carle. He has been at Carle since 2013. Prior to joining the board, Nick has volunteered on many Habitat build sites including one in South Africa. He understands the importance of having stable housing and believes in Habitat’s mission to be able to make a difference in the lives they serve.
- Toni Delporte - President
- Toni Delporte works for Hickory Point Bank in the Commercial Lending Division where she has managed the Credit Department for more than 10 years. In addition to her involvement with Habitat, Toni enjoys volunteering for various charitable organizations and working with her church, the Champaign Church of Christ, on its various endeavors. Toni is passionate about people’s needs being met and is grateful that this passion can be realized through Habitat.
- Tim Gilles - Secretary
- Tim Gilles is retired from an administrative position at the University of Illinois. Tim has served in numerous roles at Habitat including board president and currently as the secretary. In addition to his work with Habitat, Tim and his wife enjoy volunteering with the Champaign County Forest Preserve District. Tim was attracted to Habitat because he enjoyed hammering nails and putting boards together to make something useful. Tim stayed with Habitat because he can see the change his time and dollars make right here in his community.
- Jenell Hardy - Vice President
- Jenell Hardy is a Certified Research Administrator in Sponsored Programs Administration at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has managed grant and contracts for 15 years, ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations. In addition to being on the Habitat Board, Jenell has served in many capacities in Champaign-Urbana related to housing and low income families. Jenell is a member of The Church of The Living God in Champaign and is very active in several ministries internal and external to the church.
- Kate Metz
- Kate Metz worked in administration at the University of Illinois for 38 years before retiring in 2009. Kate is currently Vice President of the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen. She’s also a volunteer with OSF Faith in Action and frequently travels to Haiti to volunteer at God’s Littlest Angels orphanage. She believes, “the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” It’s her passion and brings her joy!
- Arica Moss
- Arica Moss is a Habitat for Humanity Homeowner! She works during the day with Champaign County Early Head Start and some evenings serving as a Client Advocate at Courage Connection. She enjoys working with families in the community, and she is taking courses in pursuit of a MSW degree from the University of Illinois. Arica joined the Habitat for Humanity Board after being a member of the Family Selection Committee for a number of years. One of her passions is helping other low-income families achieve their goal of home ownership through hard work and determination.
- Colin Ramage - Treasurer
- Colin Ramage is a Commercial Credit Underwriter at Busey Bank, where he has worked since graduating from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign with a Master’s in Economics. This is his first foray into non-profit work, and he is looking forward to the opportunity to give back to his community. He particularly appreciates Habitat’s goal of being “A hand up, not a hand out”, and truly believes that setting people up for lasting success through stable housing is a great way to build a better future for everyone.
- Kevin Rivas
- Kevin Rivas is a senior at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign pursuing a major in Economics. He has volunteered with the university student chapter for the past four years. As the president of the student chapter this year, he enjoys representing the group. Kevin also volunteers with his Catholic youth group when he isn’t volunteering with Habitat. He believes in volunteer service and giving back to the community is something that fulfills the soul.
- Roger Webber
- Roger Webber currently serves as a Circuit Judge in the 6th Judicial Circuit. Prior to that he was in private practice for almost 25 years and served as both an Assistant Public Defender and an Assistant State’s Attorney. Roger was a founding member of the Tuscola Kiwanis Club and along with his wife, Jane have been active supporters of Developmental Services Center for many years. He believes working with Habitat is a great way to improve neighborhoods and give back to the community.
- Steve Young
- Steve Young works in Sponsored Programs Administration at the University of Illinois. Previously, he worked in the Development Department at Eastern Illinois Foodbank. Steve is not only serving his 1st term on the Habitat Board, but he is also a part of United Way’s 2019 Emerging Community Leadership Class. Steve believes in hard work and helping others which embodies what Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County is about.