Habitat for Humanity of Champaign County is committed to creating and developing relationships to build and rehabilitate homes to eliminate poverty housing in our community. We are creating partnerships between families, donors, and volunteers. Home sponsors build alongside future homeowners, getting to know the family, volunteers, and the community.
As a non-profit organization, we depend on private and business donations to provide many of our needs. Sponsors give at many levels, providing full home sponsorship’s or partnering with others to fund a new home. You, along with other community resources can help strengthen our communities and change lives.
Here are some wonderful benefits of being a home sponsor:
- Understand the organization’s goal and mission.
- A way to revitalize the community by adding new life.
- Encourage community relationships through group interactions and meeting community members.
- A way to enhance your organization in the community and expand customer bases.
- Bonding people together through a community project and helping a family.
- Great team building experience across many departments, functions, and through reaching a common goal.
- Enhance group problem-solving skills and creativity.
- Terrific networking opportunities.
- Improved attention to detail, accountability, and focus.
- Improved leadership skills.
- A commitment to service that impacts people in need.
- An opportunity to form strong, lasting relationships with fellow volunteers and the families who will live in the house.
- An understanding of construction techniques.
- An expression of personal values, strong principles, and a recognition of diversity among individuals.
Interested in becoming a home sponsor? Contact us at email@example.com.