A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
ABOUT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF CHAMPAIGN COUNTY
What We Do:
- Build and sell decent, quality, affordable houses to families at a zero percent interest rate.
- Select families based on their level of need, willingness to partner with Habitat, acceptance of responsibilities, and ability to repay the mortgage.
- Provide educational programs for financial management and maintenance to our homeowners.
- Use our ReStore revenues to cover virtually all the administrative costs of the affiliate allowing other donations to go directly to home building.
- Make used household goods, appliances, electronics, and home improvement items available to the community at convenient prices.
- Enjoy exemplary relationships with volunteers and donors from a broad range of groups: religious, social, business and local government.
What We Believe
- Working hand in hand with Habitat homebuyers & community members produces a sense of empowerment and accomplishment, which provides an environment for positive life changes.
- We provide a hand up, not a hand out.
- Giving to others meets our own human needs as well as those we serve.
- Our most important resources are our volunteers, donors, and homeowners.
How We Build:
- VOLUNTEERS provide the labor on build sites and assist in the ReStore.
- The ReStore: Our goal is to cover all our administrative costs so that all other donations go directly to building homes.
- “Gifts in Kind” —
- Donations of land, materials, and discounts on materials provide many of our supplies.
- Donations of time by professionals and tradesmen such as: architects, electricians, and roofers provide expert, certified and warranted services.
- Financial gifts that provide the funds to purchase land, materials and services.
Who We Serve:
- We strive to provide the life-changing opportunity to own a home to families who are working hard towards home ownership.
- Families whose income doesn’t give room for a conventional down payment and an interest-bearing mortgage.
- We consider families without regard to race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, age, physical ability, religion, marital, or family status.
- To become a Habitat Homeowner, candidates go through an extensive selection process and must meet the following requirements:
- Housing Need
- Ability to Pay
- Willingness to Partner